Operations and Logistics Manager – CHICAGO ONLY
We’re looking for a fearless and brilliant Operations and Logistics Manager to help grow and scale operations. As the Operations and Logistics Manager you’re responsible for the development and growth of our business . You are forward-thinking and flexible as we play with how to run our business. You are a pioneer in innovating our growth and an operational savant.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Develop & Optimize Processes. Scale new and existing processes to allow the business to efficiently operate and grow
- Analytics. Heavy analysis of customer purchases, customer service metrics, and customer engagement to properly allocate supply, guide employee incentive programs, and ensure high-quality user experiences
- Strategy. Decide which projects the team should focus on and set an aggressive timeline to reach those goals
- Product Improvement. Proactively search for new features which could improve a seamless customer experience
- Partner Relations. Manage product development, identify & attack problem areas, and negotiate with businesses partners for reduced costs
- Customer Support. Work with CRM software to determine how customer feedback impacts business processes
- Hustle. Take ownership of tgin’s growth and do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Mobilize & Grow. Take on new opportunities like launching a new market, spinning off a new product line, experimenting with new business models… the possibilities are endless!
- Human Resources. On Board and train new employees and experiment with new ways to do so with minimal physical presence
- Network. Manage local regulatory concerns and local politics
- Continue to grow REVENUES!
- 3-5 years of operations management experience
- College degree. Master’s degree preferred.
- Data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- Experience managing and growing companies
- Experience owning marketing campaigns to raise brand awareness
- Hustler- You have no problem getting your hands dirty and doing the gritty work that comes along with the higher-level thinking
- Creative solutions driven mindset, with a get shit done attitude
- High Emotional IQ – Can deal with drivers, influencers and clients no problem
- Stellar networking skills and the ability to make smart partnerships happen
- Flexible and forward thinking- We need someone sharp and eager to play with different models to help us scale
- Entrepreneurial DNA and fear tolerance of a honey-badger
COMPENSATION: Full-time salary negotiable based on experience.
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Shipping and Receiving Manager — Chicago Only
We are looking for individual who is a self-starter and has strong computer skills to head up our shipping and receiving department.
A list of responsibilities can be found below:
- Hours – 9 – 5 CST
- Must have strong computer skills and be able to use Word, Excel, Power Point, email and social media
- Operate the shopping cart software to retrieve and prepare orders
- Package and ship daily orders via USPS
- Order shipping supplies from USPS & Uline while staying within a budget
- Verify incoming shipments from UPS & Fed Ex, and other various shipping companies
- Communicate company policies and functions of products to customers
- Provide services; process returns, exchanges, adjustments and payments
- Train new employees on tgin shipping procedures
- Create, package, and ship domestic/international wholesale orders
- Schedule pickup times to ship daily orders (USPS) and wholesale orders (UPS)
- Maintain/count warehouse inventory on a daily/monthly basis respectively
- Alert Production Manager when stock is low for any product
- Available to help bottle/label/make products whenever needed
- Perform a daily clean of the shipping area and office to ensure organization and order
- Understand the shelf life of tgin’s natural body and skin care products.
- Assist Production Team with bottling and labeling on as needed basis
- Assist with general office duties (e.g. contacting the management office about building and maintenance issues, ordering supplies, taking inventory, etc.)
- Must be able to pass a background check
Interested candidates should email their resume and cover letter to email@example.com Subject: Shipping Department
Delivery Driver — Chicago Only
tgin is currently seeking to hire a delivery driver who can work 2 days a week this summer in the mornings (7am – 1pm). Driver will be responsible for dropping off product at various Mariano’s stores throughout the city and suburb and completing an inventory report.
- Extreme attention to detail
- Customer-friendly personality
- Strong computer skills
- Your own lap top
- The ability to lift in excess of 20 lbs
Qualified applicants must have a valid driver’s license issued in the state of Illinois, their own vehicle and proof of insurance. Delivery Drivers are expected to comply with tgin appearance guidelines and wear the company-provided uniform. Applicants must be able to pass a criminal background check
Please email resume, cover letter and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pay: TBD + Mileage Reimbursement
Wholesale Account Manager – Filled
Tgin is a manufacturer of natural hair and skin care products primarily targeting women of color. We are looking to for someone, who can assist us in reaching out to/tracking stores that contact us about carrying our products and take detailed notes. A background in sales is a plus.
Hours: 10-15/hrs per week.
- Contact prospects/leads via telephone and email with end result being an appointment that is then turned over to an outside 435 Digital SMB rep
- Initiate a conversation with the decision maker to introduce our products and services,
- Address client issues and sales activity with prospective and existing clients; track and monitor client satisfaction issues and work with Support Managers to resolve major problems.
- Produce invoices and develop quotes for potential clients
- Conduct competitive research and maintain knowledge of competitive products.
- Document , track and monitor all leads and activities in CRM
- Nurture longer term prospects
- Follow up with prospects who responded to marketing programs and campaigns
- Assist with list building activities
- 1-2 years experience in marketing / sales preferred, but make exceptions for the right candidate
- Experience in customer service or other people-oriented fields desired
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to work independently and contribute in a team environment
- Excellent writing skills.
Interested applicants should send their resume, cover letter, and three references to email@example.com. Subject of email should be: TGIN Wholesale Account Manager.
TGIN Amazon.com Store Manager Wanted — Chicago Applicants Only
We are looking for an organized and responsible individual that can help us fulfill orders we receive online from Amazon.com. Experience selling items on Amazon or ebay is a plus. Bilingual candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
- Mail out packages five times a week to Amazon.com customers
- Prepare weekly inventory report
- Respond to customer service issues within 24 hours (e.g. I received the wrong package, what is my tracking #, letting people know items are on back order, etc.)
- Update Amazon.com website to remove out of stock items.
- Take customer orders over the phone when they encounter difficulties with placing an order online
- Order supplies as needed (as needed)
- Keep email account organized
- Cell Phone
- 10-15 hour week time commitment
- Strong Computer Skills/Ability to Use an Ipad
- High School Diploma
- Bilingual (not required, but a plus)
- Pay: TBD
Interested applicants should send their resume, cover letter, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject of email should be: TGIN Amazon.com Store Manager.
TGIN Production Team Leader Wanted — Filled
We are looking for an individual to work in our small hair care factory in the Production Department. The ideal candidate has the ability to multi-task and also focus on one task at a time (e.g. filling 200 of a product in 8 hours). Must be efficient and be able to generate a certain amount of output in a certain amount of time. Warehouse and management experience is a plus. Disclaimer: Several members of our team are OCD, which means they like for things to be done a certain way and are very organized. Sample responsibilities are below:
• Bottle/label/make conditioners, honey miracle, shea butter, argan oils, sample packs, etc.
products whenever needed
• Train new production team members on production policies
• Maintain/Count warehouse inventory every Monday
• Alert Operations Team/Office Manager when supplies of any product is low or too high
• Submit a production schedule to Operations Team every Friday
• Meet with Operations Team every Monday to agree on production goals for the week
• Perform a daily clean of the production area and office to ensure organization and order
• Understand the shelf life of tgin’s natural hair and skin care products.
• Stock shelves using the FIFO method
Hours: 20 hours/week
Interested applicants should send their resume, cover letter, and three references to email@example.com. Subject of email should be: TGIN Production Team. Spanish speakers/bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
TGIN Brand Ambassadors Wanted for Events + In Store Demos — Chicago Applicants Only
– Handing Out Samples
– Selling products and apparel
– Promoting the Brand at local events (Shecky’s Girls Night Out, African Fest, Taste of Randolph, etc.)
– Talking about health and the benefits of using natural and organic products
– Event setup/break down
Ideal candidate will posses:
– Excellent leadership and communication skills.
– Strong attention to customer service issues.
– Prior merchandise planning responsibilities preferred.
– Detail oriented with the ability to plan, organize and execute corporate goals.
– Can work in a fast paced environment.
– Hours: As Needed for Events
Interested applicants should send their resume, cover letter, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject of email should be: TGIN Brand Ambassador.
TGIN Customer Service Representative — Chicago Applicants Only — FILLED
We are looking for a smart, articulate individual to responsible to respond to customer service emails and voicemails. Strong background in customer service is a plus.
– Respond to customer emails and voicemails 2x a day (am and pm).
– Respond to customer Facebook and Instagram postings daily 2x a day (am and pm).
– Identify any major customer service issues/trends.
– Send daily summary email of issues requiring attention to Online Store Manager and management.
– Hours: 1 hour/day or 8 hours/week
Interested applicants should send their resume, cover letter, and three references to email@example.com. Subject of email should be: TGIN Customer Service Representative
TGIN Hair Stylists to do Platform Work — Chicago Only
We are looking for experienced natural hair stylists to do platform work demonstrating how our products work at events. Interested applicants should send their resume, cover letter, hourly rate and sample of their work to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject of email should be: TGIN Hair Stylist